The Deutsches Primatenzentrum GmbH – Leibniz-Institut für Primatenforschung in Göttingen is a primate research and competence center that does basic research. It concentrates on three main areas named Organismic Primate Biology, Infections Research and Neurosciences. The DPZ maintains four field stations to do research on and with primates. Furthermore it is one of 95 research and infrastructure establishments of the Leibniz Association.
The Functional Imaging Laboratory at the German Primate Center (www.dpz.eu) is currently in search of a highly motivated
MR-Physicist (PostDoc, 100%)
to assist in the further development of cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging and post-processing of high-resolution structural and functional imaging data.
The position is initially limited to one year. Subject to financing, an extension will be sought.
The Functional Imaging Laboratory conducts magnetic resonance imaging and magnetic resonance spectroscopy research and applies these techniques to small rodents, non-human primates, and humans. Our focus is on neurosciences and cardiovascular imaging but structural and functional imaging of other organ systems and ex vivo preparations also belongs to our area of research.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Research in the field of MR physics and MR method development (with the emphasis on real-time imaging, high-resolution spatial MRT, perfusion measurement)
- Development of algorithms and analysis pipelines for quantitative MR Imaging
- Assisting in the coordination and implementation of our cardiovascular Projects
- Completed studies in physics, computer sciences or comparable subjects
- PhD in MR physics, digital (image) data processing or similar
- Advanced programming experience e.g. in Matlab/Phyton and/or C++
- Programming experience in IDEA and/or Paravision is an advantage
We offer a cooperative and a highly interdisciplinary working environment with many opportunities for independent scientific work.
Please send your written application by 15.08.2019 under the key word "Functional Imaging MR physics" with the required documents to the Deutsches Primatenzentrum GmbH - Leibniz-Institute for Primate Research - Personalstelle - Kellnerweg 4 - 37077 Göttingen or via e-mail to email@example.com. Disabled applicants with equal qualification will be given preferential consideration. We kindly ask you to indicate in your application if you are disabled.
Further information on the DPZ is available at http://www.dpz.eu or via telephone on 0551 / 3851-105. Should you have any questions regarding your future field of activity, please contact Dr. Moussavi (0551 / 3851 – 392).
More information on the Leibniz-Association can be found here: https://www.leibniz-gemeinschaft.de/en